The sweltering heat of summer brings with it a plethora of problems. One of the most dreaded ones is the damage heat causes to our beloved sneakers. The sun’s harsh rays and the sweat-inducing weather can quickly turn your crisp white kicks into a yellowing mess. Not to mention, the dirt and grime from outdoor activities can make your sneakers look dull and unappealing. But fear not, sneaker cleaning in the summer is not as daunting as it seems. With a few simple steps and some TLC (true love care), you can keep your kicks looking fresh and pristine all summer long. From protecting your sneakers from the sun to proper cleaning techniques, we’ve got you covered.
As the famous sneaker enthusiast, Jordan Geller, once said, “Your sneakers are like your feet’s best friend. You have to take care of them.”
Let’s dive into the world of sneaker cleaning and care and learn how to keep your kicks looking their best in summer.
Protect Your Sneakers-Safeguarding by Doing Sneaker Cleaning
The sun’s harsh UV rays can cause your sneakers to fade and discolor quickly, especially if they are made of light-colored materials. Therefore, it’s essential to protect your kicks from the sun. Here are some ways to do so:
- Store your sneakers in a cool, dark place when not in use.
- Use a UV protection spray to prevent sun damage.
- Avoid leaving your sneakers in direct sunlight for extended periods.
- Constantly wash and clean the sneakers with Pro Premium Sneaker Cleaning Kit.
Regular Sneaker Cleaning During Summers:
- Use a soft-bristled brush or a toothbrush to remove dirt and debris from the surface of your sneakers.
- Mix a few drops of mild detergent with warm water and use a cloth to clean your sneakers.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach, as they can damage the material of your sneakers.
- If you can’t spare time for proper sneaker cleaning, do use sneaker-cleaning wipes for a quick cleaning session.
Amazing Statistics- Did you know that sneaker cleaning is not a new phenomenon – people have been cleaning their sneakers for decades. In fact, the first sneaker-cleaning products were introduced in the 1980s.
Use Protective Sneaker Cleaning Products For Summer Heat:
Using protective sneaker cleaning products can help extend the life of your sneakers and prevent damage. Here are some products that you can use:
- Sneaker protector sprays can help prevent stains and water damage.
- Sneaker shields can help protect the toe box and prevent creases.
- Sole protectors can help prevent wear and tear on the soles of your sneakers.
Rotate Your Sneakers:
Wearing the same pair of sneakers every day can cause them to wear out quickly. Therefore, it’s essential to rotate your sneakers regularly. This can help prevent excess wear and tear and give your kicks a chance to breathe. Here’s how to do it:
- Have at least two or three pairs of sneakers that you can alternate between.
- Store your sneakers in a cool, dry place when not in use.
- Allow your sneakers to air out for a few hours after each wear.
Did you Know: The most expensive pair of sneakers ever sold was a pair of Nike Air Yeezy 2s, which sold for $1.8 million in 2021. It’s safe to say that the owner of these sneakers takes very good care of them!
Use Proper Storage After Sneaker Cleaning
Proper storage can help prevent damage to your sneakers and keep them looking their best. Here are some tips:
- Store your sneakers in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid stacking your sneakers on top of each other, as this can cause the materials to rub against each other.
- Use shoe trees or stuff your sneakers with tissue paper to help maintain their shape.
Other Tips for Sneaker Cleaning
Here are some other tips to maintain the shape, cleanliness, and durability of your sneakers:
- Avoid keeping your shoes in open sunlight
- After every wash, let your sneaker dry in a shaded area instead of a dry or humid space
- Use a good shoe deodorant so as to prevent sneaker odor that accumulates due to the union of sweat and heat
- Do not spray any harmful chemicals or use harmful chemical products for sneaker Cleaning. You can opt for sneaker cleaning products from Pro Premium as they are toxin-free.
- A common mistake people make when cleaning their sneakers is using too much water. This can cause the material to become waterlogged and damage the sneakers.
Did you know- Sneaker cleaning isn’t just for fashion – it can also help prevent foot odor and infections? Dirty sneakers can harbor bacteria and fungus, which can lead to unpleasant smells and infections like athlete’s foot.
In a Nutshell
Taking care of your sneakers in the summer season is not as complicated as it seems. By following these simple tips, you can keep your kicks looking fresh and new all summer long. Remember to protect your sneakers from the sun, clean them regularly, use protective products, rotate them, and store them properly. By doing so, you’ll ensure that your sneakers last for years to come. Happy summer sneaker season!